CMAA is offering a “Sacred Music Boot Camp” October 15-17, with live internet presentations on sacred music starting at 5 pm Eastern Time Thursday and Friday and 11:30 am Eastern Time on Saturday.
Basic registration is free, and includes the daily Spiritual Reflection and daily Night Prayer.
Registration for breakout sessions (indicated in bold below) is $10 per day, or $30 for the entire workshop. (Note: registration for the Spanish-language sessions on Thursday is free of charge.)
Thursday, October 15, 2020
- 5:00 pm (ET) Welcome and Spiritual Reflection (Rev. Robert Pasley)
- 5:40 pm (ET) The Hierarchy of the Sung Liturgy: When and What to Sing – Fr. Michael Connolly (Spanish)
- 5:40 pm (ET) Breakout Session The Hierarchy of the Sung Liturgy: When and What to Sing – Dr. William Mahrt (English)
- 7:15 pm (ET) How to Read Square Notes – Jose Ballon (Spanish)
- 7:15 pm (ET) How to Read Square Notes Dr. Lucas Tappan (English)
- 8:50 pm (ET) How to Start a Chant Choir – Jose Ballon (Spanish)
- 8:50 pm (ET) How to Start a Chant Choir – TBD (English)
- 10:10 pm (ET) Night Prayer, Dr. Nathan Knutson
Friday, October 16, 2020
- 5:00 pm (ET) Spiritual Reflection (Rev. Robert Pasley)
- 5:40 pm (ET) Breakout Session Style and Function of Gregorian chant – Mahrt (English)
- 7:15 pm (ET) Breakout Session The Basics of Conducting Chant – Dr. Jennifer Donelson-Nowicka (English)
- 8:50 pm (ET) The Role of the Organ in the Liturgy: When and What to Play + To Accompany Chant or Not?, Dr. Horst Buchholz (English)
- 10:10 pm (ET) Night Prayer (Mary Ann Carr Wilson – Youth Schola)
Saturday, October 17, 2020
- 10:00 am (ET) Mass (Intentions of CMAA donors) Rev. Robert Pasley [live-streamed from St. John the Baptist Parish in Allentown, NJ]
- 1:15 pm (ET) How Did We Get Here? The History of Sacred Music after Vatican II in the U.S. – Dr. Susan Treacy
- 2:50 pm (ET) Breakout Session COVID-19 Research and Risk Mitigation in Choral Singing, Dr. Jennifer Donelson-Nowicka
- 4:25 pm (ET) Breakout Session Building a Music Program Budget – David Hughes
- 5:15 pm (ET) Night Prayer, Dr. Horst Buchholz, St. Louis, MO
Sacred Music Boot Camp 2020
$0.00 – $30.00
Select all the days you want to attend at Sacred Music Workshop.
For Thursday’s sessions, please indicate which language sessions you want to attend.
To register for the full workshop, choose all three days. For only the basic registration, choose “No” for all three days.
|Include Thursday breakouts? (English or Spanish)||
English, Spanish, No
|Include Friday breakouts?||
|Include Saturday breakouts?||